Laughlin-Sutton Construction Company’s reputation is mainly built upon our extensive industrial construction background. The bulk of our repeat business comes from the many relationships we have built over the years in this field.
Most of these relationships are with the textile and apparel manufacturer in the Carolinas and Virginia. As our industrial base has diversified, so has our client list, which also includes producers of furniture, chemicals, plastics, machinery, electronic components, power tools, cosmetics and construction products.
Our abilities to meet our clients’ requirements are the foundation of these strong relationships. Our self-performance capabilities and equipment fleet helps us meet tight schedules and quality control requirements; our extensive project and field management skills assure minimal production disruptions. Laughlin-Sutton’s stable financial history, bonding capacity and trade relationships allow us to handle multi-million dollar projects, while our moderate overhead and operational flexibility keep us competitive on smaller projects.
Our portfolio of past industrial construction projects includes:
- Manufacturing facilities
- Warehouse/distribution facilities
- Vehicle maintenance facilities
- Research and development facilities
- Research and support facilities
- Special construction for equipment penthouses, air washers, cooling towers, chillers and compressors
- Emergency structural repairs and selective demolition in occupied structures
- Water filtration, pretreatment and wastewater treatment facilities
- Hazardous materials containment and handling facilities
- In-plant offices, canteens and related support facilities
- Numerous maintenance/shut-down related projects, including floor replacements and machinery conversions.